Posting Date:Posting Expiration Date: March 23, 2022Friday, April 22, 2022
Fisher House Foundation seeks a part-time Social Media & Digital Outreach Coordinator that will serve and provide support to the Communications department. This position assists the Director of Digital Media and the Communications team as directed and is responsible for maintaining Fisher House’s social media presence, the content development and distribution of email outreach creating a consistent voice of the organization that appeals to its various stakeholders which includes families, donors, and community members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and schedule relevant, engaging content for various social media channels.
- Design posts to sustain readers' interest and engagement.
- Track engagement of posts.
- Monitor and facilitate online conversations with supporters and families, responding to questions and creating a relationship with supporters and former guests.
- Report on house issues and potential fundraisers to appropriate departments.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule.
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout.
- Work directly with Director of Digital Media on social promotions and campaigns.
- Provide support for overall strategy and implementation.
- Maintain unified brand voice across social media channels.
- Coordinate with related departments to create engaging email campaigns for different audiences.
- Update website as required.
- Work with communications department on message development.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Assist and represent Foundation in various activities and fundraising events.
General Foundation Support:
In addition to essential and secondary duties, all staff are expected to:
- Assist and represent the Foundation in various activities and fundraising events.
- Be readily available to engage and assist donors and partners by answering the phones, processing donations, welcoming guests, answering general questions, and assisting with other tasks not outlined in the job description if needed or as requested.
Education, Experience & Job Requirements:
Fisher House Foundation seeks a strategic, highly organized, and detail-focused team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- 2-3 years of previous demonstrated experience in content creation
- Expert level skills building social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with email content creation and distribution (Constant Contact, HubSpot)
- Experience with website content management system
- Must occasionally be available outside normal business hours to monitor and engage on digital platforms
- Fully proficient in the following programs:
- Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent professional office/virtual etiquette
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and collaboratively across teams, functions, and departments, driving alignment, and managing deadlines
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and SEO practice
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent – preferred
- Experience using Social Studio or similar social media scheduling platforms
- Experience with Salesforce
- Basic graphic design experience
- Proficiency in analytics and data interpretation
- Military and VA knowledge – connection and understanding of military & veteran communities
30 hrs. per week.
Office hours: Monday - Friday (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Flexible schedule available
Based in Rockville, MD office (Remote availability)
Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume/CV and Cover Letter to:
Manager of Human Resources
Fisher House Foundation, Inc.
Direct: (240) 599-2479
EEO: Fisher House Foundation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.