The Selection Process
Recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Participation in school, community and volunteer activities
- Work experience
- An Essay
What Happens If I Win
- Letters will be mailed to recipients on or about June 15th.
- Each scholarship check will be made out to the school and sent to the student’s home address on file on or about August 1st. *
- Scholarships may be used to pay for qualified expenses, which include tuition, fees, lab fees and books according to IRS Publication 970. Other degree-related costs (like supplies or equipment required for specific classes) that are purchased from, and paid directly, to the school are also allowed.
- The scholarship awards will be given for a maximum of 4 years.
- Exceptions can be considered if the student is enrolled in an undergraduate program of study that normally requires more than 4 years. All exceptions will be handled on an individual basis. Except in very unusual circumstances, the scholarship award cannot be deferred for future use -- it must be used during the upcoming academic year.